Sleepthetic™ & ALYA™ Adjustable Bed Base Limited Warranty
Affairs Living provides warranty for our bed base products for a period of one year from the date of purchase. Our limited warranty covers workmanship defects and product breakage in its normal intended use.
The warranty does not cover damage due to rough handling, accidental drops, tampering or product misuse. It also does not include any damage to the product related to electrical power other than that stated on the label (24V or 29V depending on the model). The warranty only covers products for the country where it has been purchased, it does not include another country where the product is shipped to. The warranty gives you specific legal rights, including consumer rights which varies from country to country.
Our Adjustable Bed Base comes with a 10-year limited warranty and covers the below:
The warranty starts from the date of delivery.
2-Year Hassle Free Warranty
Your adjustable base is warranted by the manufacturer against defects in materials or workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase to the original Purchaser. During such time, the manufacturer will repair or replace, at no cost to the original Purchaser, any warranted part(s)* found to be defective by the manufacturer, in its sole discretion. This includes all pre-authorised labor and transportation costs incurred with the repair or replacement of any part found to be defective.
5-Year Warranty on Parts
During year 3 through 5 from the original purchase date, the manufacturer will replace any part on the adjustable base found to be defective by the manufacturer, to the original Purchaser. The manufacturer’s liability is limited to the replacement of the defective electrical/mechanical part(s)* ONLY with the Purchaser responsible for all service, installation, and transportation cost of said part(s).
10-Year Limited Warranty
6th to 10th years - customer to pay 80% of any charges to parts, labor, transport.
Notwithstanding the above, the manufacturer extends a 10-year warranty on mechanical base parts found to be defective on a limited basis as defined herein. Specifically, the manufacturer warrants that for a full 10 years from the commencement date of this warranty, any defect in the workmanship or the materials used shall be covered. For purposes of this 10-year warranty, it specifically excludes the cover, shroud, platform, legs, actuator lift motors, massage motors, control box, power supply, and all power supply cords. The purchaser shall pay 80% of the current Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of the replacement part, or the entire adjustable base if deemed irreparable at the sole discretion of the manufacturer. The manufacturer’s liability shall be limited to the replacement of the defective part(s) ONLY with the purchaser responsible for all service, installation and freight costs for said part.
This limited warranty does not cover or apply:
- To any damage caused to the adjustable bed base by the purchaser;
- If there has been any unauthorized repair or replacement of the adjustable base or parts;
- If the adjustable base has been mishandled whether in transit or by other means, subjected to physical or electrical abuse or misuse, or otherwise operated in any way inconsistent with the operation and maintenance procedures outlined in the Owner's Manual, this limited warranty, and any other applicable document published or approved by Affairs Living Pte Ltd;
- In relation to damage to mattresses, fabric, cables, electrical cords, or items supplied by dealers (also known as retailers or resellers);
- If there have been any unnecessary service calls, including costs for in-home setup calls solely for the purpose of educating the purchaser about the adjustable base and/or for finding an unsatisfactory power connection.
Bedding Accessories Limited Warranty
Affairs Living Limited Warranty only covers the original purchaser of the product, who remains in possession of said product at the time of a claim under the warranty. Our warranty applies to defects in materials and workmanship for Hotelier Prestigio, Cotton Pure, Palais Suite, Sleepthetic, ALYA, Sheets, Bed Linens, Pillow, Bolster, Protectors, Quilt/Duvet, Quilt Cover, Mattress Protector and is applicable for a period of 3 months from the date of purchase.
If during the warranty period, a product is found to be defective because of defects in materials or workmanship, Affairs Living will replace the product at no additional charge for the item. A customer must promptly provide notice in writing of a claim under this warranty in accordance with Affairs Living's terms and conditions no later than 14 days from the date of discovery of the defect. The customer shall be responsible for any shipping or other charges incurred in returning the product and delivery of any replacement. Defective products must be returned, along with the product invoice, prepaid to Affairs Living at the address below. Affairs Living does not provide warranty with respect to the natural settling of filling material for any product. A warranty will become void if a product shows signs of careless handling or if the product is ripped or torn. All products must be opened, installed, and cleaned in accordance with care and use instructions included with the product upon delivery in order for this warranty to apply. Any implied warranty will only apply for the duration of 3 months from the date of purchase. Affairs Living will not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages whether such damages are claimed on account of the breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence or strict/product liability without limitation, damage to property other than the product or economic losses.
MattX™ Mattress Limited Warranty
The MattX Mattress Limited Warranty extends only to the original purchaser of a mattress who remains in possession of said product at the time of a claim under the warranty. This warranty applies to defects in materials and workmanship for MattX Mattresses and extends for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase of a new mattress.
The conditions of the warranty are as follows: (i) the warranty is not transferable and can only be claimed by the original purchaser of a mattress who remains in possession of said mattress at the time of a claim under the warranty; (ii) the customer must have purchased the mattress from www.affairs.sg or an authorised Affairs Living dealer; (iii) the defects shown must be related to materials or workmanship of the product purchased; (iv) the defects must not have resulted from use of the mattress outside its intended purpose or from normal wear and tear and proper handling; for example:
(a) a visible indentation or sag greater than one (1) inch in the foam material, meaning an indentation that is visible when no weight is applied to the top of the Product.; (b) any physical flaw in the foam material that causes it to split or crack; or (c) any manufacturing defect in the mattress cover such as fabric tearing or stitching unraveling;
(v) all mattresses must be opened, installed, and cleaned in accordance with the care and use instructions included with the mattress upon delivery; (vi) any repair or replacement will not extend beyond the original period of limited warranty, nor will it constitute the beginning of a new limited warranty period; and (vii) the customer must advise Affairs Living Customer Service of its warranty claim by email at email@example.com and provide the information required under these terms and conditions.
Under the limited warranty conditions of the MattX mattress, Affairs Living will assume responsibility for the repair or replacement of the mattress or its material components (e.g., the mattress cover). Affairs Living reserves sole and complete discretion between repairing or replacing a mattress. In the case of a manufacturing defect in the mattress cover, Affairs Living reserves the right to choose to repair or replace the mattress cover rather than replace the entire mattress. In the event Affairs Living chooses to replace the mattress cover, it will do so by replacing it with the current style of cover available, which may be of a different color or material than the original defective cover.
In the event Affairs Living determines that the MattX mattress limited warranty applies and chooses to replace a mattress, the replacement shall be provided only with the customer’s compliance with the following terms: If the warranty claim is made within the first two (2) years of the date of delivery of the mattress, Affairs Living will replace the mattress without charge for the mattress to the customer. If the warranty claim is made any time after two (2) years up to and including five (5) years from the date of delivery of the mattress, the prorated replacement charge to the customer is 30% of the original price paid for the mattress. If the warranty claim is made any time after five (5) years up to and including eight (8) years from the date of delivery of the mattress, the prorated replacement charge to the customer is 50% of the original price paid. If the warranty claim is made any time after eight (8) years up to and including ten (10) years from the date of delivery of the mattress, the prorated replacement charge to the customer is 75% of the original price paid.
Under conditions where the replacement of a product is in compliance with the terms of this warranty, a customer may elect to upgrade to a more expensive product by paying the difference between the pro-rated cost of the original product being replaced and the pro-rated cost of the upgraded product, plus the cost of any related additional sleep system pieces included not being replaced as part of the upgraded warranty exchange.
The customer shall be responsible for any shipping or other charges incurred in returning the product and delivery of any replacement. Defective mattresses, along with any other products received as part of the mattress purchase and included in the mattress purchase price, must be returned, along with the product invoice, prepaid to Affairs Living via bank transfer or credit card payment option.
This warranty does not apply to changes to the mattress caused by, or the result of, normal wear and tear, or changes caused by, or resulting from, circumstances or uses that go beyond the intended use of a mattress, namely, reclining and sleeping.
Every MattX Mattress is crafted individually. Some degree of variation of the finished product is an inherent part of that product and is to be expected. Imperfections that do not prevent ordinary use and enjoyment of the product are not considered to be defects. For example, surfaces may not be perfectly even, and corners may not be perfectly shaped or symmetrical. These conditions and any other conditions of a similar nature are not considered defects for which customers can seek any remedy under the warranties described herein.
MattX mattresses are designed to work on a firm, solid-surface, on a bed base (e.g., a frame or platform) that is structurally capable of supporting the weight of the mattress and user upon it. This warranty does not cover the product if its use is in a manner incompatible with the use for which the design was intended. The MattX Mattress is intended to be used on a foundation with a center support that has at least 6 support legs in the case of a Super King, King and Queen or with 4 support legs for Super Single and Single mattresses. For Super King, King and Queen slatted-style bed frames or bed base, it is incumbent upon the customer to ensure the frame utilized offers ample structural support for the mattress and foundation in view of the particular slatted-style frame.
This warranty specifically excludes: (a) minor imperfections and cosmetic flaws; (b) normal wear and tear; (c) tears, stains, soiling, burns, and discoloration that occur over time; (d) dampness or mold; (e) individual or personalized preferences relating to firmness, texture, comfort, etc.; (f) normal body impressions not greater than 1” in the mattress as measured below the quilt level. The settling of quilt fibers is to be expected and is not considered a defect; (g) individual or personalized allergies and sensitivities; (h) naturally occurring cotton or foam aromas; (i) a normal increase in softness of the MattX and foam pressure-relieving material which does not affect the pressure-relieving qualities of the mattress.
In addition, this warranty does not cover conditions resulting from abusive handling, misuse, or neglect. Accordingly, the following circumstances, if discovered upon inspection, will render the warranty void: (a) any unsanitary condition; (b) burns; (c) use of the mattress on an improper or non-suitable bed frame; (d) physical abuse to the product; (e) any attempt to clean the product in an inappropriate manner; and (f) improper storage of the product, including but not limited to: storage in a damp location(s), the presence or evidence of insects or rodents, or damage from any other unprotected storage area(s); (g) purchase from resellers who are not authorized retailers.
Van Vorst Mattress Warranty Terms and Conditions
Body Comfort Impression
Kindly expect body impressions. Top-quality mattress use extra-plush foams to create comfort layers designed to cradle your body and relieve pressure. After the first few weeks you sleep on your new mattress with these extra comfort layers, you will likely notice some body signatures. These impressions are normal. Any impression of less than 3cm of the original mattress height is normal, they indicate that the comfort layers are conforming to your body, which is what they are designed to do, and shouldn’t be considered a sign of defect or sagging.
New Mattress Experience
A brand new mattress will often be firmer than what you’ve tried in the showroom. This firmness is caused by the brand new foam layers. As you continue to sleep on the mattress, the pressure from your body will relax the foam and mold it more and more into your sleeping form. Other than that, the foundation (divan, bed frame) used will also affect your sleeping experience. Age, quality of support, materials, and condition of the foundation of your mattress also plays a crucial role in this case. Therefore, firmness of new mattress or ‘feels different’ from in-store experience shouldn’t be considered as manufacturing defect.
The smell arising from your new mattress or pillow upon unboxing is absolutely normal. Please allow a minimum of 2 months for your new mattress to breathe in a well ventilated room, the smell will then fade away naturally.
1. Support your mattress. Ask for a suitable foundation. Please do not buy a new mattress only after your present mattress shows wear and tear. Mattress failure or “wear out” is often caused by foundation failure.
2.Your mattress foundation should have a:
a.Minimum 4-legged bed frame for a Twin or Full-sized mattress
b.Minimum 5-legged bed frame with center support for a Queen-sized mattress
c.Minimum 6-legged bed frame with center support for a King-sized mattress.
3.Ensure the room is well ventilated and dry.
4.Protecting your mattress with a high-quality absorbent mattress pad is highly recommended. This will keep the fabric of the mattress fresh and clean. DO NOT apply liquids of any kind to the mattress. In high humidity areas, kindly use a dehumidifier. If it is necessary to clean your mattress, please use a vacuum machine or dry clean cloth to wipe off the dirt or soak up the moisture
5.Rotate your mattress every 1 to 6 months. It is recommended to rotate your mattress once a month for the first 3 months, then once every 3 months. This will result your mattress to wear evenly, and reduce sagging from constantly sleeping in the same spot.
6.Keep your mattress clean.
7.Change your bedsheets once a week to prevent dirt from collecting on your mattress thus becoming a breeding ground for allergens.
8.Never jump, stand, bend, or place your mattress on the floor. Misuse of this kind could cause unnecessary damage to your mattress and void the warranty.
9.Never drag your mattress as this can damage the fabric, zipper (if any), and even the mattress core.
What Can Void Your Warranty?
- The major cause of warranty avoidance is a mattress soiled by blood, urine, other stains or damages. A quality mattress protector with good absorption is highly recommended.
- Abuse of the mattress and/ or foundation. Children or adults repeatedly jumping on the mattress will ultimately cause the mattress to fail in some manner.
- Bending the mattress or leaving it standing on its side.
- No innerspring mattress can be bent or left standing on its side for long periods without permanent damage. If the mattress is bent while shifting from place to place; standing for a long period during delivery, when moving it, or in storage, the warranty is void.
- Improper or lack of suitable box support or foundation (wrong construction, worn out, etc.). If so, the mattress warranty is null and void. Correct mattress support is an important element in maintaining a longer life span for your mattress.
- A foundation that is too soft, uneven, not supportive, or restricts air circulation may damage your mattress and void this warranty.
- Mattresses follow the contour of whatever they rest on. If placed on a foundation that dips down, even only under the load of one or two sleepers, the warranty will be voided. Foundation dipping or sagging allows the mattress to sag too, causing the top cover to wrinkle. Sleepers may experience roll-together through inadequate support. Some slat/mesh type foundations may require a center rail and a leg to the floor to prevent dipping or sagging, particularly in double, queen, and king-sized mattresses.
- Failure to comply with manufacturer’s care & maintenance instructions.
- This warranty is extended only to the original purchaser from the appointed distributor, TLS-Asia. Products or its authorized dealers/ retailers and valid only for residential use. Contract and commercial usages are not covered by this warranty.
- This warranty will be voided if the mattress has been repaired or altered by unauthorized person or workshop.
- This warranty is not applicable to purchase of display items or clearance sale items unless specifically stated in writing.
- This warranty does not cover products kept in an unsanitary environment.
Pro-Rated Limited Warranty
This warranty is confined only to the first purchaser of the product from an authorized dealer.
- Your mattress will be replaced, repaired, or provided with a pro-rated allowance at manufacturer’s option, if it is defective due to faulty workmanship up to ten (10) years from the date of purchase, subject to the limitations described in this warranty. The manufacturer reserves the right to substitute products and materials of equal or similar value at our available option then.
- Any manufacturing defects arose within the TWO years upon delivery shall be repaired without charge. Transportation charge to be borne by the purchaser.
- Each spring mattress carries a 10 years pro-rated warranty against manufacturing defects on its spring unit. Warranty on other components against manufacturing defects is only valid for ONE (1) year subject to the limitation described in this warranty.
- Over 10 years, repair, replacement or credit value of the mattress will be made as per the pro-rated value below. The consumer shall bear the difference between the new mattress value and the credit value. Should manufacturing defects develop after the first year of delivery, repair shall be charged pro-rated value is 1/10th of the invoice price multiplied by the total number of years you have owned the bed. Transportation charges shall be bear by the purchaser. Please refer to the following guide for details:
Within 0-24 months from the date of purchase: 100%
- 2-3 Years: 80%
- 3-4 Years: 70%
- 4-5 Years: 60%
- 5-6 Years: 50%
- 6-7 Years: 40%
- 7-8 Years: 30%
- 8-9 Years: 20%
- 9-10 Years: 10%
- Above 10 Years: 0%
- Your mattress will be repaired or replaced at pro-rated value (transportation charges must be paid by the purchaser) during the lifetime of this warranty. Repair or replacement is at the decision of the manufacturer. Consequential claims, no matter what kind and of what legal argument, in connection with this warranty, cannot be accepted. This warranty commences the day you take delivery of your mattress. However, the warranty period will not be extended or changed as a result of repair or replacement under the terms of this warranty or otherwise.
- In the event you wish to make a warranty claim, kindly notify and provide proof-of-purchase / sales receipt / delivery receipt to the retailer whom you purchased your mattress from; the retailer will then manage your claim with the manufacturer.
- 1. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have rights which vary from country to country. The manufacturer is responsible for no incidental nor consequential damages. Implied warranties are limited to the period of this warranty.
- The manufacturer does not warrant that this product is suitable for any person’s health or medical condition, and makes no warranty beyond what is contained in writing herein. Any adverse health reactions like suffocation from improper use of products are at the responsibility of the user.
- Mattress specifications, including appearance, may change without notice.
- Claims that are not supported with a receipt will be denied for refund or exchange.
- This warranty does not extend to normal wear and tear, or damage caused by abuse, misuse, or negligence.
- In addition to the other exclusions stated on this page, we specifically exclude from the warranty;
- Small manufacturing irregularities that do not affect the performance of the bed. Example: Length and width of the mattress up to a maximum of 2cm variance.
- Comfort issues relating to the consumers’ individual preferences.
- Defects due to causes beyond our control like floods, fire, and natural disasters.
Custom Bed Frame Warranty Coverage
As part of our customer service and giving you a peace of mind, Affairs Living Pte Ltd will take up the responsibility to assist our customers in liaising with respective manufacturer in any case of warranty claim.
What to do for warranty claim:
5-Year Warranty information to take note of:
1.Warranty is covered by respective product manufacturers and their terms & conditions.
2.The warranty period will commence from the date of delivery / collection of the product.
3. Do keep proof of delivery or invoice as part of verification process for any possible warranty claim.
4.The warranty is extended only to the original purchaser and his / her delivery address.
5.The warranty covers the replacement or repair of any product or part of any product that has a manufacturing or material defect that is not the result of normal wear & tear and due to any of the warranty exclusions.
1. Take a photo of the issue and send your invoice / order number to 9653 5877 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. A home visit for issue verification by Affairs Living
Pte Ltd may be required if images sent are non-conclusive.
3. Personnel from manufacturer has the right to do another issue verification if need to.
4. If the product is deemed to have a manufacturing defect, Affairs Living
Pte Ltd will liaise with manufacturer for a repair / replace.
5. In case inspection finds that claim is due to other issues instead of manufacturing issues, any transportation cost (if any) is to be covered by the customer.Warranty exclusions:
1. It does not cover damages resulting from negligence, abuse, normal wear and tear, or accidents: including but not limited to burns, cuts, scratches, tears, scuffs, watermarks, indentations or damage from pets.
2. It does not cover damages by using detergents, abrasives or other harsh cleaning agents.
3. It does not apply to dissatisfaction with mattress including but not limited to: too soft, too hard, heat issues, back aches and rashes.
4. It will be considered void if the product is found to be repaired or modified by the consumer or other non-authorized parties.
5. It does not cover free gifts, bedding accessories and eco-friendly products.
6. It does not cover products shipped out of Singapore.
7. It does not apply to variance within manufacturing tolerance.
This warranty provides for specific legal rights, and as these rights vary from country to country, customers may also have other rights that are not included herein.
Affairs Living makes no medical or health claims regarding its mattresses. Allergies, discomfort, or other conditions, are not covered under this warranty. Any questions or concerns regarding medical or health conditions should be addressed by a licensed physician.