10 tips for a better night's sleep
In Singapore, we are selling luxury bedding is not the only thing that is important to us. We also strive to keep our customers very well-informed. As a service to our online visitors, we scour the internet in search of helpful articles with valuable sleep tips.
This time around, we have found an article published in HealthNewsDigest.com on April 18th, 2014. The article identifies 10 tips for getting a better night’s sleep and here is a look at the article in its entirety.
What it is missing is the recommendation of getting some luxury bed sheets, quilt cover, adjustable bed base and incredible sleeping pillows.
1. Ban unnecessary bedroom light. Even the tiny flicker of light that a cell phone or digital clock may emit can disrupt sleep. Experts recommend turning off TVs, computers and any other devices at least one hour before it's time to sleep. If you have a device that you can't fully turn off, try covering it with a blanket so the light is hidden.
2. Break the napping habit. Taking a nap, especially within a five-hour window of your ideal bedtime, can exacerbate problems with achieving a restful night's sleep. If you do need some extra shuteye during the day, keep it to a brief 15-20 minute nap at least five hours before your bedtime.
3. Train your body's natural clock. Sleep experts recommend going to sleep and rising at the same times every day (yes, that includes weekends!) to set a sleep-wake rhythm.
4. Bask in some morning light. If you feel groggy in the mornings or have a difficult time waking up when you would like to, try getting out in bright, natural light for 5-20 minutes almost immediately after you rise. This is one of the single most impactful sleep hygiene changes for many adults.
5. Skip the afternoon macchiato. For most adults, some morning caffeine in the form of tea or coffee will not significantly disrupt their sleep-wake cycle. However, having caffeine (even in the form of chocolate, some pain relievers, or sodas) later in the day can wreak havoc on sleep patterns.
6. Exercise during the day and relax your mind/body at night. Consistent exercise during the day, ideally at least four hours before your bedtime, coupled with a gentle relaxation exercise such as meditation or progressive muscle relaxation at night, can be a great formula for a good night of sleep.
7. Cut back on night time liquids. If you find yourself waking up in the middle of the night to use the restroom, try to make it a habit to avoid liquids within a two-hour window of your ideal bedtime. If you do have to use the restroom at night, keep a nightlight on in the bathroom to avoid having to turn on too many bright lights.
8. Prep your surroundings when it's nearing bedtime. If falling asleep is a challenge, try prepping your body a few hours before you'd like to sleep by dimming lights and limiting exposure to stressful topics that may be on the news or online.
9. Invest in some white noise. If you live in an area where noise is an issue (e.g., a loud neighborhood dog), consider investing in a white noise generator or even a fan to drown out the distractions. Ear plugs can also be helpful.
10. Don't worry about not sleeping. This may be easier said than done, but ruminating about not sleeping can actually disturb sleep patterns, which then feeds the worry, creating a vicious cycle of not sleeping and worrying about not sleeping.If you find yourself tossing and turning, consider getting out of bed, having a relaxing cup of chamomile tea in some dim light, and then getting back into bed when you're feeling more relaxed.
Now that you have those tips, it is time to get yourself wrapped up in some bedding goods. Get all your bedding goods and more at Affairs Living now!
About Affairs Living
Affairs Living is one of Singapore’s leading smart furnishing solutions. Dedicated to helping you create a cosy living space you’d look forward to at the end of the day, our selection of bedding accessories—ranging from quilt covers to fitted sheet sets—can truly provide you with the ultimate sleeping experience.
Whether you’re looking for an adjustable bed base for the perfect sleeping position or a mattress that can alleviate your back pain, we can be your one-stop solution. Our smart home technology also carries the promise of ending morning grogginess through an AI Function SMART Alarm, head and foot controls, and presetting your favourite positions!
Here at Affairs Living, we have everything you need to make your bedroom feel like a luxury hotel. Grab the best deals, enjoy same-day delivery services and visit our newest showroom to start the most romantic affair of your homeownership journey. Shop now!